People always say that they struggle with shady spots in their garden. I love shady borders its gives me a chance to use some of my favourite plants, which I mix together to give little sparks throughout the year. The planting plan included here covers an area of roughly 10m2 but it can easily be done in smaller areas by removing some of the bigger plants. Remember planting in clumps looks more natural so avoid planting singular or paired unless its large shrub or tree like the Amelanchier included in here.
Key to the planting plan
- Amelanchier lamarckii x 1
- Anemanthele lessoniana x3
- Sarcococca ruscifloia chinensis x 3
- Epimedium x versicolor ‘Sulphureum’ x 6
- Dicentra spectabilis x 9
- Narcissus ‘Tete-a-tete’ x 17